Saturday, May 1, 2010

Partner of the week: Gregory


A pensive and comically well-read guy 

Age: 25
Born: Lyon, France
Partner: Cecilia Clement
Occupation: Student in Law in Paris,
Comes as often as possible in Lausanne
Favorite song : Showbiz, Muse

NY : How did you react when you found out that Cecila was accepted at IMD?
GB I was happy for her. It was not a surprise. She prepared for two MBAs during one year, so I had time to prepare myself for it.

NY : Is it difficult to live in Paris and have her here ?
GB : Yes. She's not alone because she share's your flat (Nicki's) but it's difficult to be in different places. In Paris, I only study and work and that's all. We used to live together last year. I miss her presence. Last year, I took some breaks to share time with her, for dinner for instance when she came home. And this year, I just work, take 20 minutes to eat and go back working. It's not the same routine.

NY :So this year you're a more productive student ?
GB : I don't know (laugh)

NY : How did you meet ?
GB : We met almost 4 years ago in Tunisia when we went both went there for scuba-diving. It was the first time for me, but not for her. I wanted to do something different for the summer. We didn't dive in the same group, but we met after the diving.


NY : What do you want to do after your law studies ?
GB : I don't really know. I don't want to specialize now. I want to learn something more general. I'd like to choose something different from my two previous year, like International Relations.

NY : How do you see yourself in 5 years ?
GB : I want to have a foreign experience, to really learn English. I hope I will have finished my studies by then... And still be with Cecilia :) 

NY : What do you like doing in your freetime ?
GB : I used to play tennis with friends in Paris. I really like comics, French and Belgium ones. I like History, so historical comics are my favorite, like Le Trône d'Argile, or XIII, Largo Winch. I really like movies, too. The last movie I watched Green Zone with Matt Damon, Black Hawk Down and Full Metal Jacket. I like good war movies. But I also like Sunshine. I really like the setting and the soundtracks of this movie. I also like cooking or baking, because it's relaxing.


NY : Do you like Lausanne ?
GB : Actually I don't really know it. I spend a lot of my time in my room studying. Before Paris, I lived in St Etienne, which is also a small city. But when you live in a big city, such as Paris, I think it's difficult to go back to a smaller one. So I don't think I would like to live here.

NY : Tell us about your past in the army
GB : I was in the infantry for almost 5 and a half years. I was in France a lot of the time and the Ivory Coast and Germany for some trainings. After high school, I didn't want to choose a kind of study by default. I didn't know what I wanted to do. I've always been interested in the army and the values they represenent for me, like discipline and patriotism. I love my country, so it was one of my motivations. I had a good image of the army, that's why I joined. I learnt a lot about myself, but also about others, about human relationships, and gained a new perspective. But at the end of my contract, I chose not to continue.



NY : 3 words to describe yourself or 2?
GB : I want to say before, that I don't like these kind of questions... But if I have to give an answer...Demanding...I do not know the word, but I like to challenge people's thinking.

NY :If you could have a dinner with a celebrity, dead or alive...
GB : I think it would be historical figures... Famous men that built our world, like Napoleon, Alexander the Great and Cyrus the Great, for instance... It would be interesting to see what they think of our world today.



NY : A place you really like, or would like to see, in the world...
GB : I'd like to go to Maldives to dive... I really like Sicily. It's a beautiful country, people are very kind. You have very good food; it's always summer !

No comments:

Post a Comment